10. Go Fragrance Free: You may be allergic, or just sensitive. The ingredients in fragrances are never listed, some are toxic.
9. Take 5: Spend at least 5 minutes a day in a quiet place. Let the stress melt away.
8. Caffeine - the Wildcard: Caffeine can cause headaches or prevent them. Experiment, find out which is true for you.
7. Drink Water: Ditch soft drinks. Your body is 70 percent water. Make sure water is at least 70 percent of your fluid intake.
6. Exercise: Increased blood flow to the body and head, stress relief, look and feel younger.
5. Ergonomics: Sitting, Standing, or moving, Doing anything for 40 hours a week has to be done correctly as to not create problems. See our "Ergonomics" section for what to do.
4. Eat Right: Magnesium is a mineral found in fruits and vegetables. It is a natural muscle relaxant. Make sure your body is given the tools it needs to heal itself.
3. Headache Journal: Log your activities, what you eat, caffeine intake, sleep time. Find patterns of headache pain and Take action!
2. Consult a Doctor of Chiropractic Neurology: A specialist in Chiropractic Neurology such as Dr. Timothy Weimer has advanced training in headaches and pain relief. Problems in the neck or back cause neck pain and headaches. Chiropractic Neurologists also do posture modification, ergonomics counseling, and many other things to decrease things that contribute to headaches. A recent study stated that 80 percent of all headaches can be helped by a chiropractor. Call to determine if your insurance covers chiropractic care. Most insurance including Medicare covers chiropractic.
1. Consult a Medical Doctor: Before consulting a medical doctor exhaust all natural treatment options, including diet, exercise, lifestyle modification, and chiropractic. It is rare, but a headache can be a sign of medical conditions such as tumors, strokes, high blood pressure, and/or other diseases but it is so rare that an MD will test for strokes and tumors after the more common reasons are eliminated. If you are in the care of a Doctor of Chiropractic, he/she should alert you when or if a consultation with a medical doctor is appropriate.
For more information about Headaches, visit our informative section about Headaches. Go to "Headaches" under the "What may we help you with" under the New Patient Special Orange Icon. You can read more about tension headache, migraine headache, cluster headache and chiropractic care of headache.
the cause of pain. If you are suffering from
headaches you owe it to yourself and your
family to schedule an exam and have
them evaluated for their cause.
Dr. Weimer is a full service headache and pain
doctor who a is Board Eligible Diplomate
in Chiropractic Neurology.
Schedule with Dr. Weimer on the Request
an Appointment link on the right side
panel, Call or Text us Today at
our Modesto Office